School Visit Information
I do Skype or other virtual visits with book clubs, classes, and librarian-led groups for up to 45 minutes on a complimentary basis.
I do school visits at negotiable rates depending upon a school’s situation. I am open to discussion. Otherwise, my basic rate for a single day (in person) is currently $750 + travel/lodging expenses. If multiple schools in the same geographic area are all interested in a visit, the cost per school may be lower. If the visit is arranged through a bookstore, they may have their own terms which would also modify costs.
Please contact me at email@example.com for more information.
“Insignia” Study Questions
Suggested INSIGNIA Study Questions
1) Do you think the futuristic society of Insignia is possible? What aspects of the world are similar to the world now? If you could choose one part of this future to exist today, what would it be? How do you think that would affect our society?
2) Do you think Tom made the right choice when he chose to have his neural processor implanted? Why? Would you make the same decision? How do you think a neural processor would affect your life?
3) Why did the warring nations decide to have World War Three in outer space? What consequences would there be if this war had happened on Earth? Do you think that a war of this magnitude is possible today? Could it be possible in the future?
4) If World War Three happened on Earth, do you think humans would survive? What would you need to live through it?
5) Do you think the companies sponsoring the candidates are doing what is best for the teens? How do you know this? Do you think Tom made the right choice to reject Dominion Agra as a sponsor? Would you make the same decision?
6) Do you find the census device ethical? Would you want a machine that could read a person’s memories to exist in society today? How would you choose to use the device? Would you be ok with the device being used on you?
7) Heather, Wyatt, and Medusa all affect Tom’s life, but do you believe that any of them actually care about him? What clues lead you to this decision? If you were Tom, which of these three girls would you trust the most? Why?
8) Despite the peer pressure from his friends, why doesn’t Tom ask Medusa to lose for him? If you were in a similar situation, would you have asked? Why or why not?
Tips for Writers
S.J. Kincaid, author of the Insignia trilogy, talks about some useful tips for (aspiring) writers.More Information